Your browser is not supported by To view this site please upgrade or use another browser. If you can't use a modern browser, try disabling javascript, which will make simple, but mostly usable.

Supported browsers: Chrome 117, Firefox (Android) 118, Android WebView 117, Chrome 117, Chrome 116, Chrome 115, Chrome 114, Chrome 109, Edge 117, Edge 116, Firefox 118, Firefox 117, Firefox 91, Firefox 78, Safari/Chrome (iOS) 17.0, Safari/Chrome (iOS) 16.6, Safari/Chrome (iOS) 16.3, Safari/Chrome (iOS) 16.1, Safari/Chrome (iOS) 15.6-15.7, Opera Mobile 73, Opera 103, Opera 102, Opera 101, Safari (MacOS) 17.0, Safari (MacOS) 16.6, Safari (MacOS) 15.6, Samsung 22, Samsung 21

Javascript is disabled. should still be usable, but the user experience will be simpler.

Study information

Important information about your studies: Semester fee and registration, teaching schedule, rules and regulations and other information. 

Academic year 2023/2024: 

  • Autumn 2023: 21 August - 19 December
  • Spring 2024: 2 January - 21 June


TimeEdit is KHiO's system for schedules and room reservations.

Please choose your department and the schedule for your study program and year group.

In addition, you can make an individual search (avansert søk). Here you can search for employees, rooms and courses.

You will find your schedule here.

Schedule and room reservations

Schedule for the spring semester is published December 1. 
Schedule for the autumn semester is published June 15. 

For questions about your schedule and room reservations, please contact the student adviser in your department. 

Semester registration and semester fee

The semester fee is imposed by law and contributes towards financing the welfare services of the Student Welfare Organisation of Oslo and Akershus (SiO).

The semester fee is obligatory for all students, and you must pay the semester fee and register in Studentweb in order to retain your right to study at the Oslo National Academy of the Arts.

As soon as you are registered, your student status will be active and you will get access to your subjects in Canvas.

Semester registration


  • 1 September in the fall term
  • 1 February in the spring term

The deadline is strict. You will lose your student status if you do not register and pay within the deadline. See below for more information about the semester fee. 

How to complete the semester registration

  • New student? Wait with registering til August. You will reveive more information by then. 
  • Log on to Studentweb with your username and password.
  • Click on the button 'Start registration', and follow the registration sequence. Complete all steps. 
  • Update your contact information.
  • For most students a confirmation of your individual education plan is part of the registration. 

Paying the semester fee


  • Fall semester: 1 September
  • Spring semester: 1 February

SiO fee

All students must pay a semester fee to the Foundation for Student Life in Oslo and Akershus (SiO). For each semester, the fee is 690 NOK. The fee helps fund SiOs student welfare services

Students at KHiO are given the opportunity to support the Norwegian Students' and Academics' International Assistance Fund (SAIH) through the payment of the semester fee. 40 NOK of the fee will go SAIH. If you do not wish to support SAIH, deduct 40 NOK from the total amount of your invoice in Studentweb. 

Exchange students are generally exempt from paying the fee. 

Where do I find my payment details?

Payment details can be found in Studentweb.

Log in with Feide (username and password), Norwegian national identity number and PIN-code or through ID-porten/MinID. You will find the payment details under 'More' and 'Payment' in the menu. You must use the details to fill out a giro form at your local bank or post office or you can use it to pay the dee in an Internet bank. 

It takes 1-5 days from you pay the semester fee till it is registered in our system.

Student ID app Studentbevisapp

The app "Studentbevis" is valid as a Student ID. You may order a paper receipt in Studentweb if you don't have a smartphone.

You will still need an access card to access buildings and use the library.
In order for the app to confirm your status, you must have paid the semester fee and registered in Studentweb.

Download and first time use
  • Download the app "Studentbevis" (Android) / "Student ID" (iOS).
  • Find the affiliation Kunsthøgskolen i Oslo, and log in through Feide with your regular KHiO username and password.

Paid the semester fee at another institution in Norway?

It is not necessary to pay the semester fee to several institutions in order to study at KHiO. The main rule is you pay to the institution you use services from.

If you have paid the semester fee at another institution we must register this at KHiO.

Send an email to with documentation showing that you have paid the semester fee within the deadline, in order for the payment to be registered at KHiO.

Semester fee reimbursement

If you have paid the semester fee more than once for the same semester, you can get refund the semester fee. This applies if you have paid multiple times for the same Student Welfare Organization, or paid to various organizations. 

You can also get a refund if you have withdrawn from the studies early in the semester. Deadline for reimbursement of semester fee is 15 February (spring semester) and 1 October (autumn semester).

Fill inn the following form when you wish to get refund the semester fee.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my name in Studentweb?

Fill in the digital form and upload valid documentation of your name change. Valid documentation includes passport, bankcard, driver’s license or a confirmation of your name change from the National Registry / Tax Administration.

How do I change my address?

You are free to update your address in Studentweb. Click your name in the top right corner and choose ‘My profile’. Type in the new address.

I have a new national identity number. What shall I do?

Fill in the digital form and upload valid documentation of your national identity number. Valid documentation includes: passport, bankcard, driver’s license or a confirmation of your number from the National Registry / Tax Administration.

I have paid the semester fee, but it is not registered in Studentweb.

If it has been over a week since you paid the semester fee, and the payment still isn’t showing as registered in Studentweb, you should contact KHiO. Send a receipt/print-screen showing that you paid to from your student email. Remember to include your student number and your full name.

If you have paid the semester fee without using KID (customer identification number), to the correct account number, this will normally be discovered internally and registered manually.

I wish to pay my semester fee from abroad.

Use IBAN and BIC/SWIFT if you are paying from abroad (from a foreign bank account).

Please note that if you are paying the semester fee from abroad it may take up to three weeks for your payment to be registered at KHiO, and may incur additional charges from your bank when making the transfer.

I am on leave of absence. Do I still have to pay the semester fee?

You are not required to pay the semester fee, nor confirm your study plan, for the semester you have been granted leave of absence from.

The exception to this is if you are on maternity leave. You may then choose whether you would like to pay the fee and register.

If you wish to take an exam during your leave of absence you must also pay and register for the semester.

I did forget paying the semester fee within the deadline. What can I do? 

You will still be able to find the invoice details on Studentweb even if the deadline has expired. Pay right away and contact

If you do not pay the semester fee, you risk losing your right to study.

If you have any other questions than those listed above, please contact:

Postponed start of studies

Postponed start of studies applies to those who have received and accepted an offer of admission to the programme, but who is prevented from starting in the semester they have been admitted.

Reasons for postponed start of studies

You can apply to postpone the start of your studies on the basis of:

  • Illness
  • Childbirth/adoption
  • Military service
  • Other weighty reasons

Required documentation

The application must be documented. Valid documentation may be a notice from a medical practitioner, birth certificate, or confirmation of your expected date of delivery, or proof of military service.

Submitting application and documentation

Send your application to 

The deadline to apply for postponed start of studies is 3 weeks from the date you received the offer of admission. 

What do you do to start your studies after the postponement?

Students who have been granted postponed start of studies will not be registered as a student and must not pay semester fees nor register for the semester.

You need to register for the study programme again by the application deadline for the next admission in order to retain your place. You do this in the Application Portal Søknadsweb. Please note that you only need to register for admission, you do not need to re-upload your documentation. Leave a comment in the Application Portal Søknadsweb that you have a guaranteed study place.

You are guaranteed a study place as long as you follow the ordinary admission procedures.


If you have any questions concerning postponed start of studies, please send an e-mail to

Leave of absence

Certain situations may require you to take a leave of absence from your studies.

  • A student who has a child during his or her studies is entitled to a leave of absence during pregnancy and to provide care for their children, cf. section 4.5 of the University and University College Act.
  • Sick leave.
  • Other grounds for leave include carrying out demanding duties for student organisations or performing military service or national service when the National Service Administration, or a corresponding authority, does not grant a deferral/ exemption.
  • In exceptional cases, leave may be granted for other reasons than those mentioned above, following a specific recommendation from the academic leadership at your programme. 

Leave is granted for either a semester or a year, depending on the programme the student is attending. In exceptional cases, shorter or longer leaves may be granted. For instance, if you are granted leave of absence the Fall Semester of 2022 this means that you will resume your studies the Fall Semester of 2023.

Please remember: 

  • Your right to study and take exams is suspended while you are on leave. 
  • Courses and programmes may be changed in such a way that may make it harder to adapt once you return from leave. 
  • It will not always be possible to continue your studies immediately upon your return. 
  • As far as is practically possible, however, KHiO will assist you in resuming your studies as quickly as possible.

Required documentation  
Use the following form when applying for leave: Application for a Leave of Absence.

Documentation is required:

  • Sick leave/other health reasons require a medical certificate.
  • Leave due to child care obligations require a birth certificate or a medical certificate.

If you apply for leave on the basis of a specific recommendation from the academic leadership at your programme or for other particular reasons that make it difficult to complete the exam, the application must be well-founded.

Send your application to with the subject line “Studieseksjonen/søknad om permisjon” (“Section of Academic Affairs/Application for a leave of absence”).


Application deadline: August 1st for the autumn semester, February 1st for the spring semester.

Students are personally responsible for giving notice of their return to school no later than by 1 May when resuming their studies in August, and by 1 November when resuming their studies in January.

Failure to give notice may lead to that you are no longer entitled to study at KHiO.

Please contact your student adviser if you have any questions.

Special needs provision

You can apply for your studies and your exams to be adapted if you have a disability or a medical condition that leaves you at a substantial disadvantage. Such adaptations shall seek to compensate for the disadvantages caused by your disability or medical condition.

The special needs provision shall not be so extensive that it gives you an advantage compared with other students. You shall have your skills and knowledge tested on a par with the other students, pursuant to the requirements laid down in the curriculum.

This means you will not automatically be granted the adaptations you request.

Examples of special needs that may give grounds for individual adaptation:

  • ADHD
  • Asperger's syndrome
  • Impaired movement
  • Dyslexia or other reading and writing difficulties
  • Psychosocial difficulties (e.g. anxiety and depression)
  • Visual impairment or blindness
  • Hearing difficulties or deafness

See also information about adapting exams for special needs.

Required documentation
The need for special needs provision must be attested to by a doctor or other relevant expert. The “Doctor’s or Expert’s Statement” form must be attached to the application for it to be processed. The doctor or expert must provide a brief assessment of the condition’s or disability’s scope and duration, and indicate its consequences for your ability to study. Applications for special needs provision on the grounds of reading and writing difficulties will require a report from an expert.

Use the form Application for Special Needs Provision at School.

Contact KHiO as early as possible during the semester. You can contact the study consulant at your department for guidance.

An application for special needs provision should be sent to with the subject line “Studieseksjonen/Søknad om tilrettelegging i studiehverdagen” (“Section of Academic Affairs/Application for special needs provision at school”). All enquiries will be treated in confidence.

Please contact the student adviser at your department is you have any questions.

Student Exchange

Oslo National Academy of the Arts encourages students to go on an exchange during their time of study and you have the option of doing part of your education abroad. It is arranged for you to be able to study one semester (Semester Exchange) abroad during your studies. Traineeship is agreed individually upon application.

Semester Exchange 

Semester Exchange has a duration of at least 3 months and gives you the opportunity to complete parts of your study abroad. KHiO has many exchange agreements that gives you benefits such as financial support, exemption from tuition fees at the host school and easier entry of your studies abroad in your curriculum at KHiO. 

How do I apply for exchange?

Start thinking of your exchange as early as possible! The preparations and application process can take some time but it's a fun and important part in your planning of taking one semester abroad. Your curriculum states when you have the opportunity to go on an exchange. Note that Master students in particular have a small window during their studies where an exchange is feasible. 

  1. Pre-approval of your exchange 
    Before you send an application for admission to a host institution, KHiO must approve the institution(s) you want to apply for. This is called pre-approval of your exchange. Use the application form for Pre-approval for exchange   
  2. Deadlines 
    The deadline for pre-approval is
    - 10th February for Autumn semester
    - 10th September for Spring semester 
  3. Approved schools 
    When your wishes for exchange is approved you will be notified. You will be given a short deadline for to confirm which schools you want to apply for. 
  4. Nomination 
    KHiO send a message to the school(s) that you intend to submit an application. This is called nomination and must be carried out in order for your application to be accepted by the host institution. 
  5. Application 
    You can then send the application to your desired destination. The application requirements may vary from school to school. It is your responsibility to ensure that the application meets the requirements and to keep track of the deadlines, which will also vary. Have a look at the website of your host school and read carefully what they expect from you. Usually an application consists of an application form, portfolio, CV, letter of motivation and a letter of recommendation, but not always.

Please contact your study advisor for help and guidance when you are thinking of going on an exchange.

Inter-institutional agreements

KHiO has signed inter-institutional agreements with many academies and universities throughout the world, facilitating student exchange. We are participating in the Erasmus+ and Nordplus programmes, which give our students the possibility of financing their stay abroad. An inter-institutional agreement means that you do not have to pay tuition fees, and eases the recognition process at home.

Here is the list of inter-institutional agreements.

When you are going on an exchange

There is a lot to keep track of when you are going on an exchange. Find out what you need to take care of before, during and after your exchange.



You can receive financial support and loan from Lånekassen. In addition to basic support you may receive travel grant, language grant, additional grant and support for coverage of tuition fees. 

Erasmus+ Grant 

In addition to grants from Lånekassen you may receive Erasmus+ Grant if you conduct your studies abroad with a school we have signed an Erasmus agreeement with. The amount is EUR 410-460 per month.  

Erasmus+ also has an additional grant EUR 250 per month that can be given to students with children, students who have long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments and students with refugee status. 


Are you planning for a trainee abroad during your studies, or after graduate, you can apply for a scholarship from Erasmus+. The minimum length of stay that triggers support is 2 months (60 days) and the trainee must take place abroad. 

Trainee as part of your studies  

It is your department that approves whether you can carry out practical training abroad during your education. 

The following requirements must be met in order to apply for funding
  • Minimum length of stay: 2 months (60 days)
  • The trainee must have been approved by your department  
  • You must be a student at KHiO when you apply and during the trainee
  • During the stay you must register for the semester at KHiO and pay the semester fee 
  • Host organisations for traineeships should be companies/organisations/institutions in EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia or Turkey
Documents, insurance and scholarship rates
  • An Erasmus+ trainee agreement must be signed by you, the company and KHiO 
  • A grant agreement must be signed by you and KHiO 
  • Agreements in connection with Erasmus+ are administered by KHiO and you will receive help with this 
  • You must have insurance for health, accident and liability during your stay
  • Scholarship rates: EUR 560-610 per month depending of the host country for the trainee
  • Please note: All agreements must be signed before your exchange 
Deadlines for applications 
  • 20 May for Autumn (trainee during Autumn semester) 
  • 20 November for Spring (trainee during Spring semester) 

Trainee after graduate  

A traineeship after graduate is initiated by you. You can contact companies of relevance and ask about opportunities for trainee or apply for trainees that are advertised. 

The following requirements must be met in order to apply for funding  
  • Minimum length of stay: 2 months (60 days) (maximum 12 months) 
  • The trainee must be agreed upon before you finish your degree and of academic relevance  
  • The start date of the trainee must be within the following semester after you completed your degree
  • Host organisations for traineeships should be companies/organisations/institutions in EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia or Turkey
Documents, insurance and scholarship rates 
  • An Erasmus+ trainee agreement must be signed by you, the company and KHiO
  • A grant agreement must be signed by you and KHiO
  • Agreements in connection with Erasmus+ are administered by KHiO and you will receive help with this
  • You must have insurace for health, accident and liability during your stay
  • Scholarship rates: EUR 560-610 per month depending of the host country for the trainee
  • Please note: All documents must be signed before your exchange 
Application form  
  • You apply via: Application for scholarship for trainee after graduate
  • After the application deadline you will be contacted by KHiO's internationalisation advisor for feedback on the scholarship, and you will receive guidance and assistance in the further process of your trainee
Deadline for application 
  • 10 May

Interrupted exchanges  

Interrupted exchanges or traineeship are handled differently based on the reason for the interruption. All or part of the scholarship may have to be repaid.

Maximum lenght for exchanges/funding through Erasmus+  

The total duration of exchange stays are 12 months per study level (per bachelor, per master). This means that you can only receive funding from Erasmus+ for maximum 12 months per study level. 

If you are going on a traineeship after graduate, previous exchange months from your last degree will be deducted from the maximum length of the traineeship - for calculation of Erasmus+ funding. 


At the Oslo National Academy of the Arts, the term “exam” refers to a written, practical and/or oral test or other type of assessment of the student’s knowledge and skills that underlies his or her final grade on their diploma or that serves as part of the basis for calculating a grade on the diploma.

An exam may be carried out as a production, exhibition, showing, task, written test, practical test, oral test or completion of a work/portfolio, or a combination of these forms.

Click on the links below for more information:

On the relevant pages above you will find application forms for Adapting Exams for Special Needs, Extended Deadlines and Absence from an Exam.

Diploma and transcript of records

You can request a transcript of records when needed, whereas a Diploma is only issued once you have completed your programme of study.

Diploma for completed study programme

A diploma is issued to students who have completed and passed a study programme leading to a degree. As an attachement to the diploma, you will receive a Diploma Supplement. It is a description in English of the study programe/degree you have achieved and Norwegian education system. 

From and including spring 2022, all students who have completed their study program and have a Norwegian birth number will receive their diploma and Diploma Supplement digitally. This means that you will no longer receive diplomas and Diploma Supplements on paper.

The digital diploma and Diploma Supplement will be available in the Diploma registry and Studentweb. You will receive an e-mail when the diploma is ready.

Some students will receive diploma on paper. This applies to students without a Norwegian national identity number, who do not have access to their digital diplomas in the Diploma registry (Vitnemålsportalen).

Before completing the degree, please check following information: 

What is a digital diploma?

A digital diploma is a diploma in PDF with a digitally secured signature. The signature is an insurance against forgery and is valid as long as the document is unaltered.

You can easily share your higher education records with prospective employers and others from the Diploma registry.

Older results are missing in the Diploma registry

Some older results have not been digitally recorded. If you can't use the Diploma registry to share your results, you may request a copy of your diploma. If we can't provide a copy, you will give you a confirmation of the obtained degree. It is not possible to get a new "original" diploma.

This also applies to degrees completed before the merger of Oslo National Academy of the Arts in 1998. Please be aware that such requests will take some time to process.

Please contact us at Send us your name, date of birth and name of study program and year when you have completed.

Printed diploma

Your printed diploma will be sent to your semester adress registered in  Studentweb . You can access Studentweb even after you have completed your studies at KHiO, but only if you have Norwegian identity number. 

Your results will be available on Diploma registry before you'll receive the paper diploma by mail.

Have you lost your printed diploma?

If your printed diploma has been permanently lost, you can apply to have a duplicate of your diploma issued.


The documentation may include a police report if your diploma was stolen, confirmation from your insurance company in the event of theft or fire, or the remains of the diploma if it was destroyed.

Application processing

If your application is granted, the Academy will issue a duplicate of your diploma. In some cases, technical or practical reasons prevent the issuing of duplicates, especially for old degrees. In these circumstances, the Academy can issue confirmation that the degree was obtained, together with a transcript.

Send your application

To ensure quick processing we need the following information:

  • Full name (when you were a student and today)
  • Date of birth
  • Correct current postal adress, telephone number and e-mail.
  • Your programme of study
  • When you started the programme and when you completed.

Application processing will noramly be approx. three weeks. Send the application with documentation to

Transcript of records

Transcript of records shows the results in all passed subjects at KHiO.

You can share your results digitally from the Diploma registry, or you can order a digital or paper transcript through Studentweb.

Remember that you must have a Norwegian identification number for log on to the Diploma registry.

Order a transcript of your grades in Studentweb

You can order a transcript whenever you like through Studentweb.

Click on the "More"-icon from the top menu, then choose "Orders".

When choosing "Transcript of paper", the transcript will be sent to your semester residential address. Please make sure that you address is updated. You can change your address by clicking on "My profile".

When choosing "Transcrip of records with digital signature", your transcript will be available appr. 10 min after you have ordered it. You can read and download it from "Documents" in Studentweb.

Share your results digitally from the Diploma registry

You can order a transcript or share your results from the Diploma registry. 

Change personal details

Make sure your name and ID number is up to date on your student card, transcript, diploma and in other information from KHiO.

The information registered about you in 'My profile' in Studentweb, can be updated in different ways.

Name change

Register a name change or spelling mistake by filling in the form below and uploading documentation of your name.

Valid documentation: 

  • If you are registered with a Norwegian ID number, you must upload a letter from the National Registry (the Tax Administration) which confirms the name change.
  • If you are not registered with a Norwegian ID number, you must upload a copy of your passport which confirms the correct spelling of your name. 

Fill in the form now.

Contact information 

If you are registered with a Norwegian ID number: 

If you do not have a Norwegian ID number: 

  • Home address: Report changes to
  • Semester address / e-mail / phone number: Update this yourself when you are logged in at Studentweb. 

Norwegian ID number / date of birth

Register your Norwegian ID number or your correct date of birth by filling in the form below and uploading documentation of your Norwegian ID number or date of birth. 

Valid documentation:

  • If you want to register your Norwegian ID number, you must upload a letter from the National Registry (the Tax Administration) which contains your Norwegian ID number and fullt name.
  • If you want to register your correct date of birth, you must upload a copy of your passport. 

Fill in the form now. 

Questions? Contact us at

Confirmation of Student Status

When you need a confirmation of you student status, you can use your digital Student ID, share results from Diploma Registry, transcript of records or diplomas.

The following confirms your student status:

  • The semester receipt confirms that you are student this semester and that you have paid the semester fee.
  • The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund will automatically be notified that you are registered as a student and which examinations you have taken.
  • You can share your results from the Diploma Registry (subject, semester, credits and grades) with others. If you need the results on paper, you can order a transcript in Studentweb.
  • Degree - if you have received a diploma, you have a confirmation of your degree.

Do you still need a student status letter? You can now order a digital confirmation in Studentweb.

Log on to Studentweb . Click on "More" and "Orders".

You will receive a PDF-document confirming that you are a student at KHiO. It also shows information about your study program, and start and expected graduation date. 

It takes appr. 10 minutes to produce the PDF-document with a digital signature. When the transcript is ready you will find it in the menu option "Documents" under Studentweb.