Utøvende og skapende metode 2
Kort beskrivelse av emnet
The course illuminates the dancer’s practice, knowledge and awareness of stage presence and expression. Through encounters and workshops with dance artists and other creative or performing artists, students will gain insight into various strategies and methods for physical articulation and performative expressions. Experience-based learning, based on solving various artistic and performer-specific assignments, gives students self-confidence to develop their own performing and creative methods and thereby prepares the students even further to work on performances and productions. This course also contains an introduction to stage techniques and other performance techniques. Collaborations with other students, primarily at the Academy of Dance but also other programmes, are an integral part of the course.
Læringsutbytte for emnet
Upon completing the course, students shall
- have extensive knowledge of and experience with various methods and approaches to developing a dance-based or performative material
- be able to make independent artistic choices when encountering various methods and approaches
- be able to present dance-based problems and analyses to collaborators and other parties
- have acquired a reflective outlook on one’s own practice and articulation of a dance-based material
Undervisning og læringsformer
The working methods are learning-led teaching, supervision and independent work. It may include creative assignments, practical exercises, lectures, independent study, project work and written assignments.
The course requirements are
- mandatory attendance and active participation in the course
- completion of course assignments
All course requirements must be approved in order for a student to receive a final course assessment.
The student’s coursework will be assessed on an ongoing basis. The ongoing assessment is based on supervision, teacher assessments and the student’s own reflection on his or her professional development in relation to the learning outcomes.
Ongoing assessments and the final assessment will be made by the programme coordinator in consultation with the educator in question.
The course is graded pass/fail.