Kort beskrivelse av emnet
The course aim to tie critical discourse to the student’s artistic processes and the choices artists are confronted with when exhibiting their work publicly. The course is also an introductory moment for 1MA students to meet each other and explore various ways of framing and contextualising their own practice. The course includes a public instance.
The course will cut across different practices and discourses. Participation and the exchange of ideas are essential so it is expected that students follow and participate actively.
Læringsutbytte for emnet
Upon completing the course, students should be able to
- experiment with different ways of exhibiting or communicating artistic practice, and initiate public presentations
- discuss, share and develop ideas together with other colleagues in the field, including curators and fellow students, and/or institutions
- critically relate to discursive and practical aspects in the development of publicly exhibited/curculated instances
Undervisning og læringsformer
- group discussion sessions
- practical/collaborative instances (amongst students and/or with external institutions)
- lectures/presentations (by course leader and/or guest)
- sharing/discussing relevant texts
- individual research
- active participation (minimum 80 % attendance)
The required coursework must be approved in order for a student to receive a final course assessment.
The student will be assessed by the teacher of the given course.
The assessment will be seen in relation to the course’s learning outcomes. The course is graded pass/fail.