Academy of Opera
Ever since its foundation in 1964, the Academy of Opera has served as Norway’s leading institution for opera education. We offer both a one-year programme and a Master’s programme in opera.
Featuring world-class educators and stage facilities, the Academy combines individual, group and project-based training. Stage productions and concerts represent important milestones under way in the programme. At the Academy, students are allowed to work with professional directors and conductors and a full team of stagehands. This provides students with a versatile, practical education and a solid foundation for becoming professional opera singers both in Norway and abroad.
- One-year programme in opera
- The one-year programme in opera is for students who have completed at least two years of music studies at the university college level.… more >
The discipline of opera
The Opera Academy has national responsibility for opera education in Norway. With world-class teaching and stage facilities, the Opera Academy combines individual, group and project-based teaching.
Singing, acting techniques and language are together with stage productions and concerts the cornerstones of the study. Working with professional directors, conductors and a full stage technical team gives students a versatile, practical education.
Research at The Opera Academy seeks to develop the field of opera as an important and meaningful art form in our time, and to develop and extend the artistic boundaries of performing artists including singers, musicians, conductors, composers, librettists, directors, choreographers, scenographers and playwright.
- Electrifying Opera, Amplifying Agency: Designing a performer-controlled interactive audio system for opera singers
- PhD Candidate Kristin Norderval's doctoral project
- Giulio Cesare
- Operahøgskolen setter opp utdrag av Giulio Cesare av G. F. Händel, en kjærlighetshistorie mellom to av antikkens mest berømte skikkelser.
- Sparebankstiftelsen støtter sommeropera for barn
- I sommer blir det opera for barn i Oslo. Sparebankstiftelsen støtter Operahøgskolen med 200 000 kroner.
- Stor stipendutdeling til operastudentar
- Nær 400.000 kroner i utdannings- og reisestipend er tildelt studentar ved Operahøgskolen frå Lilly Stiftelsen.
- Trine Neset Brødremoen
- Student Adviser. Academy of Opera
- Studies Administration Team
- +47 413 97 421