How to use the online application portal Søknadsweb
Please read these instructions for KHiOs online application carefully before you begin.
Choose language at the top right corner.
- If you do not have a Norwegian National Identification Number, select International Applicant on the right side of the page, which will take you to the International Login and registration page.
- If you have applied previously, log in with the same info (request new password if you forgot).
- If you are a new user, click on Register New International Applicant.
Once you have registered your name and contact information, you will receive an e-mail with a link and password for login. Follow the directions provided in the email.
- NB! If you have changed your e-mail address since the last time you applied, please do not register as a new user on Søknadsweb before you have contacted us.
- Choose National Identifier and PIN.
- Enter your National ID and a four digit PIN-code. If you have applied last year, Søknadsweb remembers your PIN. If not, click Register new user.
- The PIN is personal and you may change it at any time. If you forget it, you can request a new code per email.
2. My profile
This is where you enter your personal information - check and update your address and contact information. It is important that this information is current; this is how we will contact you throughout the application process.
You will be asked if you will allow exchange of exam results with other institutions. This is only relevant if you have previously attended school in Norway. If you answer Yes to this question, you will allow the Academy to gather exam-information about you from other Norwegian institutions.
3. New application
Since the Academy offers a large number of study programmes, you must first choose the level, and then choose the study programme.
You confirm the application to the study programme by choosing the Application alternative.
Once you have selected your programme, click Next. Make sure everything is correct, then click Done.
4. Uploading supporting documents
Carefully read the instructions for the programme you have chosen to make sure you upload the right documents.
All documents, except the photo of you, should be in PDF format. The photo may be in JPEG format, and should be at least 1 MB.
If you have several single page PDF files, please combine (merge) them in one file.
Transcripts should be scanned in full color to ensure authenticity. Make sure they are readable.
The maximum indidvidual file size is 15 MB.
Please name the documents as described on the website about admissions of the study programme you are applying for, e.g. MADE2021-portfolio.pdf, transcript-BA.pdf or picture.jpg.
This is especially important if you are applying to several programmes with separate entrance examinations!
If you later want to add documents, click on My Documents on the menu at the top.
Once you have registered your application, you will be sent to a receipt page. The receipt includes an application number, which you will need when you fill out the application attachment (does not apply to exchange programmes).
You can view your receipt on the page My applications. An application registration receipt will also be sent automatically to your e-mail address.
6. My applications
Once you have registered an application, you can log in to Søknadsweb at any time and select My applications from the top left menu to view your application status.
7. Withdrawal and changes
You can also withdraw your application. Note that by selecting this option, all registered applications will be withdrawn.
If you only wish to withdraw from one application option, or change the order of preferences, you can do this by selecting Change Application.
Withdrawal and changes are only possible before the application deadline.
8. Multiple applications
If you have applied to one Master programme and also wish to apply to another Bachelor programme, log in to Søknadsweb, select New Application in the menu and follow the same procedures as listed above.
- Important! If you apply for more than one programme, you will get different applicant numbers. All your documents will be shared between all programmes so it is very important to name the files according to the guidelines!
9. Offer of admission
Check your application status regularly. Once admissions are completed, offers of admission will be posted in Søknadsweb.
If you have received an offer of admission, you will have to accept or decline the offer within the stated deadline.
If you have been placed on a waiting list, you must also accept or decline this. If not, the next person on the waiting list will receive the offer.
Do you have any questions?
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please write study programme you wish to apply for in the subject field.