Brief course description
The Coaching 2 course focuses on the individual student’s repertoire area within the different styles. A key component in the course is the rehearsal of the repertoire used for the Academy of Opera’s productions, seminars and masterclasses. Students will also work musically on ensembles from seminal works of musical drama, as well as on a concert repertoire.
The course’s learning outcomes
Upon completing the course, students shall
- have knowledge about various styles and performance practices
- have rehearsed and mastered a larger selection of relevant repertoire within their vocal category
- be able to independently rehearse larger roles
Teaching and learning methods
The course’s learning methods include educator-led teaching, supervision and independent work. The instruction takes place individually and in groups.
The course includes interpretation lessons, masterclasses and seminar with internal and external teachers.
- mandatory attendance, minimum 80%
- active participation in the instruction
- ongoing completion of the mandatory assignments
All coursework requirements must be approved in order for a student to receive a final course assessment.
Students are assessed in relation to the course’s learning outcomes.
The course uses a pass/fail grading system.