Vocational training 2
Brief course description
The Vocal Training 2 course covers vocal technique, rehearsing, textual work, interpretation and development of a personal expression. Along with the Coaching 2 course, the Vocal Training 2 course lays the musical and vocal foundation for the students’ careers as opera singers.
The course’s learning outcomes
Upon completing the course, students shall
- have the requisite technique and stamina to carry out assignments within musical drama
- sing with musical and stylistic assurance
- perform a vocal role with a deliberate, personal and independent expression
Teaching and learning methods
The learning methods in the Vocal Training 2 course are educator-led teaching, supervision and independent work. The instruction is primarily individual.
- mandatory attendance, minimum 80%
- active participation in the instruction
- ongoing completion of the mandatory assignments
All coursework requirements must be approved in order for a student to receive a final course assessment.
Students are assessed in relation to the course’s learning outcomes.
The course uses a pass/fail grading system.