Physical and mental training 1
Brief course description
The Physical and Mental Training 1 course aims to hone the students’ skills in using their body in a deliberate and functionally correct way. This involves the students growing their awareness of correct posture, breathing, balance, coordination and regulation of tension, as well as their ability to use this know-how independently and actively in stage performances.
The course includes coordination training, dance, physiology, mental training and performance improvement.
The course’s learning outcomes
Upon completing the course, students shall
- master the relevant methods of using their body in a deliberate and effective manner
- be able to participate in creative processes and master the methods of improving performance
Teaching and learning methods
The teaching methods are educator-led teaching, independent training, experience-based experimentation and self-reflection. The instruction is primarily group-based.
- mandatory attendance, minimum 80%
- active participation in the instruction
- ongoing completion of the mandatory assignments
All coursework requirements must be approved in order for a student to receive a final course assessment.
Students are assessed in relation to the course’s learning outcomes.
The course uses a pass/fail grading system.