Woodwork and CNC
The workshops for woodwork and CNC include a woodshop, a workshop with a CNC cutter, and a model and prototype workshop for working on lumber and plywood.
CNC is an umbrella term for a miscellaneous group of computer-controlled production tools and robots. At the moment, the Oslo National Academy of the Arts offers access to cutting machines and laser cutters.
The laser cutter can engrave and cut a wide range of materials, such as cardboard, leather and fabrics, thin wood and MDF boards, as well as a number of plastic materials. The laser has a functional scope of 100 x 70 cm and can be used by students and employees upon completing a safety course.
The CNC cutter is a three-axle table-top cutter with a vacuum table scaled for standard plywood and MDF boards. It is suitable for cutting board materials such as plastic, aluminium, MDF and plywood, and can also be used to work on three-dimensional cuttings of a limited size in these materials, as well as various foam and polystyrene materials.
The use of the CNC cutter is paid per time unit. The price list is available at the workshop manager’s office.
- More info about the machines, prices and the preparation of files is available here.
Tel. +47 97 72 42 16
- The workshop manager is present Thursday, Friday and every other Wednesday at 09:00 to 16:00.
- Schedule in TimeEdit
Use of the workshop
- All work must be agreed upon with the workshop manager. Students are not allowed to operate the machinery on their own.
- In order to book an appointment, please send an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The introductory course must be scheduled with the programme coordinator.
Model and prototype
In this workshop, students can explore the dynamic and static possibilities inherent in wood. The workshop includes facilities that can treat wood in accordance with a wide variety of specialised needs. The workshop’s strength lies in its combination of traditional craft techniques and use of modern composite and glue constructions.
Sølve Sand Venås
Tlf. +47 907 42 994
- The workshop manager is present Monday to Friday at 09:00–15:30.
- The workshop is open every day during the school’s opening hours . The machine workshop can only be used by students who have completed the safety course.
- Schedule in TimeEdit
Safety course, machine workshop
- Five-day safety course (registration via the programme coordinator)
- Students must have appropriate workwear and protective shoes