Brief course description
The Coaching 1 course focuses on the individual student’s repertoire area within the different styles. A key component in the course is the rehearsal of the repertoire used for the Academy of Opera’s productions, seminars and masterclasses. Students may also work musically on ensembles and on a concert repertoire.
The course’s learning outcomes
Upon completing the course, students shall
- have knowledge about various rehearsing methods and be able to use them
- be able to recognise the various musical styles and make sound stylistic choices
- have a good understanding of musical collaboration
Teaching and learning methods
The course’s learning methods include educator-led teaching, supervision and independent work. The instruction takes place individually and in groups. The course includes interpretation lessons, masterclasses and seminar with internal and external teachers.
- mandatory attendance, minimum 80%
- active participation in the instruction
- ongoing completion of the mandatory assignments
All coursework requirements must be approved in order for a student to receive a final course assessment. Students are assessed in relation to the course’s learning outcomes.
The course uses a pass/fail grading system.