Analogue and digital media
The workshops for analogue and digital media include 3D printing, large-scale printing, analogue and digital photography, a photo studio, darkroom and scanners, and editing stations for videos, photographs and sound. There are also classrooms for online teaching and computer rooms.
The media lab includes facilities for analogue and digital photography, scanning, and editing videos, photographs and sound. The darkroom can be used for photography and film. Two classrooms are located in the media lab, one of which is adapted to online teaching.
Workshop manager, media lab/photography
Tel. +47 934 91 262
Opening hours, media lab/photography
- The workshop manager is present Monday to Friday at 09:00–15:00.
- Students who have taken a safety course have access during the school’s opening hours every day at 06:00–24:00.
- Students who have completed the relevant safety course may book the editing room and the photography studio via TimeEdit .
- Schedule in TimeEdit
Safety course, media lab/photography
- Several safety courses in photography and in the use of the media lab’s equipment.
- Registration via the programme coordinator, or else contact the workshop manager.
Workshop manger, film
Tel. +47 410 85 759
Opening hours film
- The workshop manager is present Monday at 10:00–17:00 and Wednesday and Thursday at 11:00–16:00.
- Students who have taken an introductory course have access during the school’s opening hours every day at 06:00–24:00.
- Use of the darkroom must be agreed upon with the workshop manager.
Introductory course, film
- Two-day introductory course (registration via the programme coordinator)
- Two-hour course in the use of Sony Excam. Registration via the workshop manager.
- The workshop manager offers a one-day course in various areas. Please contact the workshop manager for more information and to register.
The Medialab has two small recording suites where students and staff can connect their own laptops to simple mixers with monitor speakers for editing and sound work. Portable sound recorders can be borrowed at the equipment storage.
The printshop is the workshop for large-scale prints (ink-jet prints) of photographs and graphic works. We print everything from posters to museum-quality art (giclée prints).
The workshop master does all the printing, and students and staff should bring print-ready files. We are skilled at digital colour control and offer assistance with colour correction and the pre printing process. We have a wide selection of paper.
Tel. +47 90 25 03 82
Please book in advance by sending an e mail to: email@example.com
- Workshop manager is present weekdays during daytime - book an appointment in advance.
- If no one is present, no one has booked an appointment.
- Schedule in TimeEdit. Bookings can be found in the Outlook calendar “printshop”.
dForm is the Oslo National Academy of the Arts’ digital fabrication centre, with 3D printers and laser cutting.
Tel. 97 72 42 16
- The workshop manager is present Thursday, Friday and every other Wednesday at 09:00 to 16:00.
- Laser-cutting access: Monday to Friday at 09:00–16:00.
- Schedule in TimeEdit
- One-day course for using a laser cutter. Register with the workshop manager.