Artistic Research Week 2019
Oslo National Academy of the Arts organizes a week focusing on artistic research from 22 to 25 January. The programme consists of workshops, presentations, round-table discussions, screenings, exhibitions, artist talks etc.
Artistic research is an integrated part of the activities at Oslo National Academy of the Arts. The Artistic Research Week shall contribute to a wider understanding of the research going on, and also increase the discursive level on artistic research, sharing experiences, insights and knowledge that is generated through practice-based research with faculties, students and a wider audience. The programme – with a few exceptions – is therefore open to the public.
New this year is a collaboration with Kunstnernes Hus and the Norwegian Academy of Music (NMH).
The preliminary programme is subject to change.
Workshops through the week starting Tuesday 22
- New Materialism
- De-Colonizing Academia
- The Researching Performer
Research fellow exhibitions Tuesday 22:
- Katrine Køster Holst and Ane Thon Knutsen at Kunstnernes Hus
Thematic Wednesday 23
- exposition of result
- format of result
- translation of result to a shareable format?
Film programme Wednesday 23 January
- curated by Mike Sperlinger at Kunstnernes Hus
Faculty in conversation Thursday 24 January
- Faculties at KHiO in conversation with colleagues. Specifics will be announced in December
Music as research
- Music as researchcurated by Darla Crispin at Kunstnernes Hus
Artistic Research Week Party
- Thursday 24 January at Kunstnernes Hus