Start of the academic year 2018/2019
Monday 20. August is the start of the academic year at KHiO. On this page we have gathered various memoranda and an overview over important dates and deadlines in connection with the new academic year. On this page we have gathered various memoranda and an overview over important dates and deadlines in connection with the new academic year.
30. Switchboard and the reception open (08:00)
30. The archive opens
01. The school’s facilities open to the students
06. The library opens (10:00)
13. The school’s workshops open to the students
20. The autumn semester begins for new studentsr
23. Official kick-off event and party for the new semester
Viktig å hugse for nye studentar
- Confirm that you accept admittance to the Academy on SøknadsWeb within the deadline
- Receive your student ID no. and PIN code.
You should have received an e-mail (sent 05July 2018) detailing the initial steps that you as a new student at the Academy must take prior to the first day of school.
If you haven’t received this e-mail, please check your spam filter before contacting email@example.com
- Activate your user account.
After you have received your student ID number and your PIN code, you must activate your IT user account, also known as your Feide account.
It may take up to 24 hours before you can access your account..
- Meet up for the first day of school.
Attendance is mandatory on the first day of school.
Certain programmes allow you to apply for a deferred start.
- Pay your semester fee within 10 September.
You must pay a semester fee each semester.
Log in to Studentweb with your user name and the password you created when you activated your user account.
Follow the instructions on the screen. Pay the fee in your online bank.
- Register for the new semester within 12 September.
Each new semester requires you to register at Studentweb.
Introductory course and safety course for the workshops
13.-17. august there will be introductory and safety courses will be held at the Academy’s workshops
For more information and for pictures of our workshops, see khio.no All courses starts at 9.00 am. (Invitation and registration is required)
FAQ - direct links
Below we have set up direct links to frequently asked questions about the start of the new semester:
All the links connect to the student intranet, where you will find internal information about the Academy.
All of the Academy’s web pages have a search field in the top banner. Enter a search word, such as “semester fee”, “IT” or “workshop”, and you will be given a list of web pages where the word has been used.