First meeting in the committee for diversity and equality
The committee for diversity and equality at KHiO have their first meeting December 17.
During the entire fall semester, the proposal for a committee for diversity and equality has been through a long democratic process where it has been presented and discussed in several rounds in the various democratic forums currently existing at KHiO, including two board meetings and one board decision taken via email.
It has also been a long process to get as broad representation as possible, where in particular the Student Council has put a lot of work into ensuring that the student representatives in the committee will reflect a great diversity and variation between backgrounds, opinions, and perspectives.
The first meeting will mainly be focused on information and discussion. The committee members will be informed on the committee's mandate and purpose, the laws that the committee´s work will relate to, previous work on diversity and equality at KHiO and examples on how other colleges and universities, both in and outside Norway, work with diversity and equality and how their strategy and action plans are designed.
At the first meeting the committee will discuss how it should organize the work of the committee, and how the committee should organize hearings and discussions with the students and staff to receive suggestions, input, and comments from students and staff? Lastly, the committee will have an initial discussion about which areas the committee should focus on. This discussion will continue at the committee's meetings next year. The decision on which specific areas the committee will focus on is planned to be made later in the spring semester.
- Anne-Linn Akselsen, prorektor for utdanning
- Kevin Kurang, Design
- Andrea Nilsen Veiden, Kunst og håndverk
- Paulina Stroynowska, Kunstakademiet
- Øystein Dulsrud Klungnes, Opera
- Sara Baban, Teaterhøgskolen
- Mariko Miyata Jancey, Dans
- Jorge Manilla Navarete, Kunst og håndverk
- Saskia Holmkvist, Kunstakademiet
- Maziar Raein, Design
- Magne Eliassen, Operahøgskolen
- Petra Fransson, Teaterhøgskolen
- Yaniv Cohen, Dans
- Dagfinn Skoglund, Seksjon teknisk produksjon
- Cathrine Følstad, Seksjon virksomhetsstyring
- Hanna Gjelten Hattrem, Seksjon studier, forskning og formidling
- Kaja Glenne Lund, Seksjon brukerstøtte, infrastruktur
1. Approval of meeting invitation and agenda
2. The committee’s mandate and purpose
3. Former work at KHiO regarding diversity and equality
4. Work from other committees on diversity and equality at universities and colleges both in and outside Norway
5. Organization of the committee´s work 6. Focus areas for the committee
7. Meeting dates for 2021